Joe Henderson - Lush Life (The Music Of Billy Strayhorn) Scaricare
|1||Drawing Room Blues||7:33|
|3||Take The "A" Train||7:12|
|7||U.M.M.G. (Upper Manhattan Medical Group)||5:00|
|8||Johnny Come Lately||6:30|
|9||A Flower Is A Lovesome Thing||6:58|
|314-511-779-2||Joe Henderson||Lush Life: The Music Of Billy Strayhorn (CD, Album)||Verve Records||314-511-779-2||US||1992|
|314-511-779-4||Joe Henderson||Lush Life (The Music Of Billy Strayhorn) (Cass, Album, Dol)||Verve Records||314-511-779-4||US||1992|
|559 640-2||Joe Henderson||Lush Life (The Music Of Billy Strayhorn) (CD, Album, RE)||Verve Records||559 640-2||Europe||Unknown|
|314-511-779-4||Joe Henderson||Lush Life (The Music Of Billy Strayhorn) (Cass, Album, CrO)||Verve Records||314-511-779-4||US||Unknown|
|511 779-2||Joe Henderson||Lush Life (The Music Of Billy Strayhorn) (CD, Album)||Verve Records||511 779-2||Canada||1992|
- Arranged By – Don Sickler (tracks: 1, 6, 8)
- Art Direction – Étsuko
- Bass – Christian McBride (tracks: 1 to 4, 6, 8, 9)
- Composed By – Billy Strayhorn, Duke Ellington (tracks: 1)
- Design – Larry Offsey
- Drums – Gregory Hutchinson (tracks: 2 to 4, 6, 7, 9)
- Engineer [Assistant] – Maureen Sickler
- Liner Notes – Dean Pratt, Stanley Crouch
- Photography By [CD Inlay, Billy Strayhorn Photo] – William Claxton
- Photography By [Cover & Booklet Photography] – Susan Ragan
- Piano – Stephen Scott (tracks: 2, 3, 5, 6, 8, 9)
- Producer – Don Sickler, Richard Seidel
- Producer [Production Assistant] – Camille Tominaro
- Product Manager – Ben Mundy
- Recorded By [Digitally], Mixed By, Mastered By – Rudy Van Gelder
- Tenor Saxophone – Joe Henderson
- Transcription By [Music] – Don Sickler
- Trumpet – Wynton Marsalis (tracks: 2, 6, 9)
℗ 1992 PolyGram Records, Inc. © 1992 PolyGram Records, Inc.
Wynton Marsalis appears courtesy of Columbia Records.
Recorded September 3, 6, 8, 1991
Special thanks to: Rachel Abercrombie [booklet]
Comes in a standard jewel case with black tray and with a 12-page booklet.
Codici a barre
- Barcode (Text): 7 31451 17792 7
- Barcode (Scanned): 731451177927
- Label Code: LC 0383
- Matrix / Runout: MADE IN GERMANY
- Distribution Code (Boxed): POL 900
- SPARS Code (Boxed): AAD
- Rights Society (Boxed): BIEM/STEMRA
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – PolyGram Records, Inc.
- Copyright (c) – PolyGram Records, Inc.
- Recorded At – Van Gelder Studio, Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey
- Published By – Tempo Music Inc.
Lush Life: The Music of Billy Strayhorn is an album by jazz saxophonist Joe Henderson. Composed of songs written by Billy Strayhorn, the album was a critical and commercial success, leading to the first of three Grammy Awards Henderson would receive while under contract with Verve Records. The album had sold nearly 90,000 copies at the time of Henderson's death in 2001 and has been re-released by Verve, Polygram, and in hybrid SACD format by Universal. The veteran tenor Joe Henderson has had a distinctive sound and style of his own ever since he first entered the jazz major leagues yet he has spent long periods in relative obscurity before reaching his current status as a jazz superstar. As for the music on his comeback disc, it does deserve all of the hype. Lush Life - Joe Henderson. Лента с персональными рекомендациями и музыкальными новинками, радио, подборки на любой вкус, удобное управление своей коллекцией. In 1992, Verve threw veteran Joe Henderson in the studio with a pack of young lions and asked him to play a collection of Billy Strayhorn songs. Henderson and crew emerged with a beautiful recording that showcases Henderson's versatile tenor, the passion of the younger players, and the emotional appeal of Strayhorn's compositions. A large part of the success is owed to the strategy of mixing up the instrumentation: the album includes one solo, three duets, two trios, one quartet, and three quintets with Wynton Marsalis's burnished trumpet, each leading Henderson in a different. JOE HENDERSON. Joe Henderson. Billy Strayhorn. Lush Life: The Music of Billy Strayhorn. Joe Henderson - Lush Life: The Music of Billy Strayhorn 1992. To favorites 1 Download album. Listen album. Джо Хендерсон выиграл премию Грэмми за трек ''Lush Life'' в категории ''Лучшее инструментальное джазовое соло''. Участники записа: Joe Henderson - tenor sax Winton Marsalis - trumpet Stephen Scott - piano Christian McBride - bass Gregory Hutchinson - drums. Songs in album Joe Henderson - Lush Life: The Music of Billy Strayhorn 1992. Lush Life-The Music Of Billy Strayhorn. Please retry. Lush Life 4:56. Total Time: 61:49. Bass Christian McBride tracks: 1 to 4, 6, 8, 9 Drums Gregory Hutchinson tracks: 2 to 4, 6, 7, 9 Piano Stephen Scott tracks: 2, 3, 5, 6, 8, 9 Saxophone Joe Henderson Trumpet Wynton Marsalis tracks: 2, 6, 9. About this release. Verve Records 559 640-2 UK. Recorded September 3,6,8, 1991 at Van Gelder Studios, Englewood Cliffs, N. Thanks to snobb for the updates. Lush Life: The Music of Billy Strayhorn Contents. Album infos. Buy music. Other Don Sickler. Other Ben Mundy. Other Camille Tominaro. Photography William Claxton. Photography Susan Ragan. Piano Stephen Scott 5 tracks: A2, A3, A5, B1, B3, B4. Producer Don Sickler , Richard Seidel. Tenor Saxophone Joe Henderson. Trumpet Wynton Marsalis tracks: A2, B1, B4. 8 panel U-card inlay printed both sides. Clear foil CrO2 120µs EQ cassette with white on-body print. Printed in USA. Wynton Marsalis appears courtesy of Columbia Records. Composers: Billy Strayhorn - Duke Ellington. Johnny Come Lately. Composers: Billy Strayhorn. Blood Count. Rain Check. Lotus Blossom